.

Sitting on the sidelines observing life.






Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mother of the Bride

It's official....I Am The Mother of The Bride.  Along with this "title" comes major responsibilities.  Following, in no special order, are a few things that come to mind:  sleepless nights, panic attacks, decisions about colors, flowers, music, photography, food, dishes, guests, dresses, male attire, centerpieces, other decorations, invitations, response cards, Wilek carrying a ring down the aisle, what to have catered and what to make ourselves, weather, wild animals, spiders, lizards, bears, breakfast the day of the wedding, lunch the day of the wedding, breakfast the morning after the wedding, will there be leftovers from the wedding? will there be enough food at the wedding? how many people will actually be there, how many people will be spending the night(there are 35 cottages at this place) will the lodge hold everybody, gifts for my "special helpers".....oh, the list goes on and on.

I know, people do this all the time and everything works out but before it can work out, it has to get done.

Catherine, Elizabeth and I have done great thing in the last 7 days.  The most important thing (at this point) was the venue. That was secured on Monday with great surprises.  (In the effort of not spoiling the surprises of the wedding, I am sworn to secrecy about venue and the wedding week-end events).  I will say that it is going to be amazing. And yes, we have changed it from "Wedding Day" to "Wedding Week-End".  The venue is ours for the week-end so we have planned to take full advantage of that.

I have had to rechanel my thoughts on wedding planning to modern day themes.  I had to throw my "Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Wedding Etiquette" book out the window.  I am now in the phase of acceptance and really in high gear with this modern wedding theme of outdoors, cowboy boots, and smores bar.  Oh, I will, somehow, manage to sneak a little southern flare into this.  Just you wait......

No comments:

Post a Comment