.

Sitting on the sidelines observing life.






Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peace and tranquility..not

The past two days of my life have been, well, challenging. I am desperately trying to change my attitude in hopes of a better day tomorrow. My fellow teaching friends will totally understand. I have just wanted to get these two days over with and I really hate feeling that way. It makes it so hard to teach with the passion I have for the job. I have to constantly remind myself on days like this that somebody loves the kid that is giving me a fit. OK...I'm over it...Let's move on tomorrow to a great day....

Liz and the babies are leaving for Florida tomorrow. Liz'smother-in-law is coming to get them and Ryan is joining them next week. They will be home the Monday after Thanksgiving. I am so worried about what I will find to do withmy hands.....I will miss them terribly so I have devised a list of things to do:
1. Shop
2. Cook Thanksgiving dinner for 18
3. Go to Colunbia and visit in-laws
4. Organize my sewing studio
5. Clean and organize Addie's play room
6. Visit my aunt and uncle in the nursing home
7. Decorate for Christmas
8. Paint my guest bathroom

Since the kids are leaving, Lane and I decided to meet them for dinner in Charlotte this evening. So, we decided to meet at The Open Kitchen. This will be my last visit there. We like to go the on occassion for a calm and relaxing place to take the babies. Catherine joined us. Addie, who inevitably has to go to the bathroom during each and every meal, insisted that I accompany her. And I did. Now, I don't normally like to discuss these things, but this is a very interesting story that must be told. I, too, decided to potty and just as I was "finishing up" some crazy drunk man opens the LOCKED door and walks into the tiny bathroom that plainly says "Women" on the door and slowly backs out apologizing the whole time. Addie and I just die laughing and return to our table. In a few minutes crazy drunk man returns to his table which is directly beside us. Addie looks up and at the top of her lungs says, "Look, that's the crazy man who cam in the bathroom with me and Gamma." Needless to say, I wanted to crawl under the table. Finally, the meal complete, we stood to leave and when I picked up my purse beside me, a big brown bug crawls across the seat. Catherine and I scream so loud, everybody looks at us.....again. I couldn't get out of that place fast enough. Never going back.....

Next adventure...Lane and I, rather Lane, decided to have Liz's 2001 Escape tuned up and some things repaired for her for Christmas. LANE also decided that tonight would be a good time to bring it to KM since they would be gone tomorrow. I was the fortunate one to be able to drive said vehicle home. Did I mention said vehicle is about to fall apart and that it was a bit smelly and that there was a tornado and that every truck in 5 states was on 85 in Charlotte and that Catherine rode with me and thinks everybody should drive 80 miles per hour on the interstate and that the gas light was flashing at me and that I couldn't get the wipers to work and I couldn't get the rear wiper turned off and that everytime I tried to find the wipers the squirter squirted water INSIDE the window and that Catherine had the heat on and it was about 150 degrees in there and I couldn't figure out how to get the window down??????

I love my new car.......

No comments:

Post a Comment