.

Sitting on the sidelines observing life.






Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

Another Thanksgiving holiday has come....and gone. But, as for me, I am always thankful. I thank God daily for His blessings and His grace and His love and His guidance and His forgiveness and His patience and His understanding and His presence.

God has truly been with me and my family through so many trials and issues over the past years. I can not begin to thank Him enough for everything He has seen us through and continues to get us through.

My life is by no means perfect and care free but it is a life full of love and blessings. And I am so thankful that I see this and realize this on a daily basis. We all make mistakes and we all fall short of God's expectations and the expectations of those around us. We are merely human and mistakes and sins are in our nature. I believe it is how we deal with our human nature that sets us Christians apart. We acknowledge our mistakes and strive to make them right. We learn from them. We ask for forgiveness and we try to seek God's way for our life.

However, I do believe that God expects us to take responsibility for our actions. Even though we make mistakes and realize that mistake and ask for forgiveness and ARE forgiven, there are still, sometimes, consequences for those actions. So, deal with it.......

Back to Thanksgiving. My guest list was a very random list. Liz and family are in Florida so we had our big family gathering a couple week-ends ago at mom and dad's. So I had "the feast" at my house. I had family, neighbors who have absolutely no family anywhere, a cousin and her hubby whose mom and dad are in a nursing home and a teenage boy whose family is having major problems, my sister and her boys with their dad in Afghanistan, my mom and dad and a couple other "random" kids. I loved it. Catherine was here early to help, thank goodness. My home was so full of love and laughter. It was so wonderful to look around and be so happy and feel so blessed. And the food wasn't half bad....

Thank you God for your presence in my life.....Where would I be without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment